Dates and Times
Saturday April 2, 2022: 11am - 5:30pm
Birkdale School of Arts Hall, 101 Birkdale Road, Birkdale
COST: $ 80 Members/ $ 100
Non Members includes Membership until 30/9/2022
Movement for Performance
Learn to move more freely and gain stage presnece.
The PlayMoves workshop includes:
- games to invite our playfulness and the pleasure to be on stage
- performance exercises to explore what it means “to be present” and in “complicity” with other performers
- movement sequences from the Feldenkrais Method designed to heighten the perception of one’s self-use, rediscover an organic sense of movement with more ease and less tension, and discover options.
- rhythm as a foundation for creative play
- a beautiful writing exercise that begins from the physical
What to wear: Plain coloured clothing with no logos or patterns that you can move very easily in. We will be working in bare feet. (If you need to wear shoes for health reasons, please wear flexible soled, light, non-slip ones).
About the Faciliator – Anna Yen
Anna Yen’s work spans theatre, contemporary circus, physical theatre, and film. Anna is the recipient of a Churchill Fellowship, a Matilda Award Commendation for her acclaimed “Chinese Take Away”, a Best Costume Design Matilda Award with GUSH for “Monsteria” and a Creative Partnerships Award with WMB, Griffith Uni, Lamingtons. She teaches Feldenkrais Method - Awareness Through Movement at the Qld Conservatorium of Music, is a trainer at Vulcana Circus and was a guest artist for YConnect at Yeronga SHS. Anna recently performed in Debase Production’s “Concerto for Harmony and Presto” at the Shanghai International Arts Festival and Baran Theatre’s “Tower of Babel”. Other performances include: “The Serpent’s Table” Sydney Festival; ‘It All Begins With Love” and “Monsteria”. She was an ensemble member of Rock’n’Roll Circus (now Circa). Anna’s new play “Slow Boat” was shortlisted for the 2018 Qld Premier’s Drama Award. SLOW BOAT is premiering September 2 -11, 2022 in Brisbane. Anna has facilitated PlayMoves in Perth, Townsville, Cairns, Melbourne, Wollongong, Maleny, Magnetic Island, Bellbrae and Brisbane. www.playmoves.org