Seniors Perform - CLOSED
MATES Theatre is starting a "Seniors" group and are looking for participants.
To kick off we have a Radio Play - Miss Bilby and the Moss-Covered Cleric; by Linda Aronson. A spoof radio play whodunit.
Previous experience NOT essential. Bring a friend, tell your neighbour. It's going to be fun!
When: Monday 2 August - 11 am
Venue: Birkdale School of Arts Hall, 101 Birkdale Road, Birkdale
Audition Call – Summer Wonderland - CLOSED
Cast & Crew are invited to auditions for “Summer Wonderland” by Matthew Ryan, directed by Adelle O’Connell. This is an amateur community theatre production. All roles are unpaid.
When: Tuesday 20th July; 7-9pm – Group Audition
Where: Birkdale School of Arts Hall, 101 Birkdale Road, Birkdale, Qld
Callbacks: Thursday 22nd July; 7-9pm
To register for an audition – Cast and Crew:
- Download/read the Audition Pack and complete Audition Form.
- Email completed Audition Form together with a recent headshot to email@example.com
About the Show:
Welcome to Dickens Court, where a Christmas Lights competition has the neighbourhood at War! Old fashioned battler Bob has just lost his job, his neighbour Eugene is in serious debt after the arrival of his mail order bride and the snobs across the road are desperate to buy a beachfront apartment. When they discover the grand prize in the Christmas Lights Competition could solve their money problems, it means WAR! A hilarious Christmas comedy about fake snow, fairy lights and the great Australian Dream.
- Prepare one Comedic Monologue (to perform from memory, without script).
- Cold reading of Summer Wonderland for role/roles that you are auditioning for.
- Prepare to meet the Director at the audition or other time by mutual arrangement.
- FOSTER – is a young man trying to find his way in the world and the strength to stand up to his overbearing Father.
- BOB/LUDWIG - Bob is Foster’s Dad, a middle aged unemployed man who thinks he’s better than everyone else. He also believes his BBQ’s are the best. Ludwig the Bavarian King is an imaginary character in Foster’s mind.
- EUGENE– is a lonely middle aged man with a newly acquired ‘mail order’ Russian Bride. Turns out he still owes money for Svetlana.
- SVETLANA – is a Russian ‘mail order’ bride, she knows what she wants and doesn’t want to settle for less. Svetlana is sexy and flirty.
- MARTI – is an overbearing Mother to Demosielle. With a high opinion of herself she thinks she is better than everyone else, especially her neighbour Bob.
- DEMOISELLE – is a naïve young lady and daughter of Marti. Demosielle has believed all her Mother’s lies for far too long and is learning to stand on her own two feet.
- MRS SLADE – is an opinionated staunch religious lady who walks the neighbourhood with her non- existent dog, giving everyone a piece of her mind. (SMALL ROLE).
- GUSTAV – is a Russian mobster seeking payment for Svetlana, he is arrogant and tricky.
- ASSISTANT DIRECTOR - may be used as a training opportunity or filled by experienced person (see Audition pack for further details.
- STAGE MANAGER -works closely with Director and takes over responsibility for the stage from the Director at the opening performance. (see Audition Pack for more detailed role).
All rehearsals and performances will be held at the Birkdale School of Arts Hall, 101 Birkdale Road, Birkdale.
When: Saturday 14th August, 11.30- 1pm
Where: Spine Street Studios, 22 Spine Street, Sumner Park.
Sundays (1.30–6.00 pm) - from 25th July to commencement of performances
Tuesday (6.30-9.30 pm) – from 27th July to commencement of performances
Thursday (6.30–9.30 pm) – from 29th July to commencement of performances
Performances x 8
Friday 8th and Saturday 9th October @ 7.30 pm
Friday 15th and Saturday 16th October @ 7.30 pm + Saturday 16th October 2.00pm (Matinee)
Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd October @ 7.30 pm + Saturday 23rdOctober 2.00pm (Matinee)