MATES are thrilled to launch Youth Theatre.
MATES Youth Theatre is a Mentoring program, allowing Youth participants (aged 10-21) to audition, rehearse and perform a production whilst being guided by people who have had many years experience in their Theatre field.
This initiative is funded with assistance from the outgoing Mt Cotton Drama Group who donated funds to MATES in 2016 with the express caveat it be used to foster youth in theatre.
Our first production under the program will be "The Confounded Nugget" by Merle Bowen & Trisha Cation.
In order to gain an understanding of the roles involved in a production, each Youth Participant will experience an on-stage acting role and a backstage crew / production role.
Rehearsals and performances will be held at Donald Simpson Community Centre - 172 Bloomfield Street, Cleveland QLD
Auditions: May 23 - 6pm
Callbacks: May 26 - 6pm
Performances: August 4-14.
Rehearsals: Monday and Wednesday nights 6-9:30pm and Sundays 10:30am-3:30pm.
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN for Youth Participants.
Do you enjoy working with youth?
We're seeking volunteer Mentors to share their expertise in the following roles:
- Set Design/Construction Mentor
- Costume Design Mentor
The following positions are filled for 2022 Let us know if you're interested for future.
- Director Mentor
- Stage Manager Mentor
- Acting Mentor
- Lighting Design Mentor
- Sound Design Mentor
- Marketing Mentor
If you'd like to participate as a Mentor please email: email@example.com nominating which roles you are interested in.
CONDITIONS & COSTS
- MATES Theatre Genesis Inc. are not a Registered Training Organisation. All Youth Participants and Mentors will participate on a voluntary basis.
- All Youth Participants & Mentors will need to show proof of Double Vaccination against COVID-19 or medical exemption. (This is a requirement of the Donald Simpson Centre)
- All Mentors and Youth Participants 18yo or over must hold or be prepared to obtain a Valid Working with Children Card (Blue Card)
- All Youth Participants & Mentors must be members of MATES. If not currently a member, be prepared to obtain membership. Membership fees are $20 per year expiring on 30 September each year.
Youth Participants under 16yo will receive "Honorary Membership" at no charge for the duration of the program.
Members receive discounts to workshops & opportunities to participate in our activities.
- In addition to Membership Fees, a fee of $40 will apply to all Youth Participants