OVERVIEW & PURPOSE
To engage Members with introductory techniques to explore the basics of stagecraft and how to move on stage to create interesting relationships and stage pictures.
Using proxemics, status and impulse training, we will explore fundamental tools to get you and your scene partners tuning into each other and using body language to communication character and situation.
SKILLS TO BE INTRODUCED
- Sharing with the audience/opening up/cheating out
- Responding to impulses
- Conveying status relationships physically
- Greater connection between members both new and old
- More flexibility in taking risks and making acting choices
- Integrating physical choices to express text
- Greater ease and comfort with following acting impulses and moving on stage.
- Participant should come with a short contemporary monologue prepared.
Dates and Times
27 November, 10.30am - 5pm
Venue: Birkdale School of Arts Hall 101 Birkdale Road, Birkdale
Cost: $80 (Members)/ $100 (Non Members includes Memberships until 30/9/2022)