Dates and Times
16 January 10:30am â€“ 5pm
Birkdale School of Arts Hall, 101 Birkdale Road, Birkdale
COST: $ 80 Members/ $ 100
Non Members includes Membership until 30/9/2021
Develop your acting skills with Shakespeare!
Skills to be introduced:
- Developing a personal connection to the text..
- Using the rhythms and devices of verse.
- Embodying the rich imagery in Shakespeareâ€™s text.
- Acting with your whole self-mind/body/emotions Intended outcomes:
- More flexibility in taking risks and making acting choices.
- Integrating voice & body to express text.
- Greater ease & comfort with approaching Shakespeareâ€™s text.
Participants should come prepared with a 10-20 line Shakespeare speech for which they feel a personal connection. The speech should be in verse not prose. It can be any age or gender (doesnâ€™t have to be participantâ€™s age/gender) IT SHOULD BE LEARNED THOROUGHLY BY HEART.