AUDITION CALL – Second Round
MATES Theatre Genesis will perform A.R. Gurney’s Love Letters from 26th January to 10th February 2018. Auditions are to be held on Tuesday 19th September 2017, starting at 7.30pm.
First performed in 1988 Love Letters is a funny and emotional portrait about the powerful connection of love. The play is a challenging piece of theatre which centres on two characters, Melissa Gardner and Andrew Makepeace Ladd III, who sit side by side at tables and read the notes, letters and cards – in which over nearly 50 years, they discuss their hopes and ambitions, dreams and disappointments, victories and defeats – that have passed between them throughout their separated lives.
As the actors read the letters aloud, what is created, through voice and facial expression alone, is an evocative, touching, frequently funny but always telling pair of character studies in which what is implied is as revealing and meaningful as what is actually written.
- A young Andrew & Melissa Age: 12 to 16 years
- Andrew & Melissa as young adults Age: 20 to 30 years
- Andrew & Melissa in their old age Age: 60+
Love Letters is a challenging but thoroughly enjoyable piece of theatre that you will want to be a part of.
AUDITION FAST FACTS
- WHAT: Auditions for A. R. Gurney’s Love Letters
- WHEN: Thursday, 12th October, at 7.30pm & Tuesday 17th October, at 7.30pm
- WHERE: Birkdale School of Arts, 100 Birkdale Rd, Birkdale
- Where: Birkdale School of Arts Hall, 101 Birkdale Road, Birkdale (opposite Dominoes Pizza)
- Performances: February 2018
For more information contact Craig Stevens: telephone – 0415 198 046 or email – firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for an audition complete the audition request form below